Tuesday, June 7, 2011

i think i like gray and white and metallics

newoffice
So, a few things...number one, I figured out how to use Pinterest and, well, I'm sort of obsessed. Like super sort of completely and totally obsessed. It's kind of the best thing ever and I think each and every one of you should take 30 minutes (or less if you're way smarter than me, which I'm betting you are) and figure that system out. Because it rocks...in case that point hasn't been driven home by me yet. Number two, I'm changing my office around. Drastically. Again. Only this time we're selling furniture and buying new stuff and I'm taking the plunge to make this little section of The Room where I spend 95% of my time (no joke) a happier and more organized and functional (and matching!) space. Inspired pretty aggressively by the studio and office of the lovely Sarah Cramer and Marcy May, my plan for this space is in with the clean, organized, and functional and out with the items pieced together found from flea markets and Ikea. I know what you're thinking - that's kind of a lot of gray and white, right? I guess it's my extreme backlash to the mess that is currently surrounding me. Listen, I love a good flea market find just like the next design obsessed blogger gal, but when you're talking functional production space meets office of one creative gal and one corporate guy, well, then, clean and crisp and modern works just a tad better, don't ya think?

If you want to see the sources for all of that good stuff above, check out this "office inspiration board" I made on Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. whoa whoa whoa. you better not get rid of anything in that office without asking me first. i want that little drawer things with the cute knobs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete