Monday, May 10, 2010

weekend no. 050810

weekend050810
Well, after I only burned one thing for my little birthday dinner on Friday night (balsamic chicken, you are so moody), I knew the weekend was going to be a good one. To start it out with good friends, good sangria, good snacks and only one food fail is kind of the way to start a weekend if you ask me. Plus I got the adorable and beautiful orchid you see pictured above. We named him Thore. Jedd's a fan of the name, so I let him name the orchid since that little name is most certainly not going on our "list." On Saturday, we headed up to Northern Virginia to spend some time with our family there who I miss so much and even more so when we've just returned from 48 hours of non-stop laughing, loving and fun with a delicious meal or two mingled in. Overall, this Mother's Day and birthday weekend mixed into one was a huge win. One of those weekends were you feel like you might be the luckiest and most loved person, um, ever.

1 comment:

  1. It looked like a beautiful Happy Birthday kind of weekend! Many happy returns.

    ReplyDelete