Thursday, July 1, 2010

studio tour no. 070110

studio070110
So I realized sometime yesterday afternoon while taking a little break and reading through my journals from 2004/2005 that the laurel denise website launched exactly five years ago. Five years, you guys! I know and pray that I'll be able to look back on this business 20 years from now and see how it's grown, but it was such a gift to be able to sit back and see and honor that five year marker yesterday. I would have completely missed it had I not needed a breather, found that journal and decided to open it again for the first time in years. It had been a sort of stressful day where the little tasks where kind of weighing me down, to say the least, but reading my entries at that time and seeing that, really and truly, this business is everything my five-year-ago-self wanted it to be was soothing. And exciting. And exactly what I needed.

Alright, onto the normal weekly wrap up on my daily doings...important stuff, friends. I prepared my wholesale schedule postcards this week. Believe it or not, this is something I've never really done before! A simple and easy way to notify my current stores and stores that have been interested in the line of my booth locations at all of the wholesale shows. I'm not a cold-caller, never have been good on the phone, kind of awkward even in person, but I mean, a girl can send out a postcard easily enough, right? No excuses. It was fun to get to make these and sort of geek out on crafting them a bit. Sent some adorable elements customs to some wonderful customers. I think the donut one up there is my favorite. A beautiful quote about power and courage and such. Also, customs were shipped to Bellaches (Ridgeland, MS) and more re-orders were shipped to New Twist (Eugene, OR) and Little Luxuries (Mackinac Island, MI) this week. Have I mentioned how obsessed I am with these stores and their so on top of everything buyers??

1 comment:

  1. Lolly I loooove the giraffe pendant! That's perfect! I totally want one of those.
    - Amanda Colton

    ReplyDelete