Wednesday, March 10, 2010

camera confessional

Something you should know about me is that I break things. Like, pretty much always break things. I spill things, too, and shouldn't be trusted near a glass half full. Not to mention a bowl of hot soup. And so I'm not quite sure why I was so surprised to open my camera on a recent trip to Manhattan and find a completely cracked screen. Completely. What a sad morning that was when I went to photograph my most favorite trade show booth display ever to find my most recent (and very expensive) victim. I guess what I'm trying to say, really, is that 1) I'm super clumsy (covered that) and, 2) I need a new camera. Badly. The running for the finalists is currently between these two beauties - no. 1 and no. 2. I need the camera to be able to photograph some detailed jewelry, but I would also like it to be easy enough to work with that I can point and click and take a nice picture of my Cute Husband and I. Easy is key since another thing you should know about me is that when something technical doesn't work correctly and easily and the way I paid for it to work, every ounce of my Italian heritage comes out of me and it's a win if I just walk away. It's shameful to admit, I know. But it's a weakness I've come to accept and the walking away wins are becoming more and more frequent happenings. I think I'm going to go with no. 1 for the cameras - think this Canon might give me what I need as far as detail goes. But, if you bloggies out there have anything to say before I bite the bullet (and add an extra heavy duty case to the shopping cart while I'm at it), then speak now or forever hold your peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment