Tuesday, March 23, 2010

stool situation

bar stools
Well, this much is clear: the place people like to gather in our house is right at the bar in the kitchen. It's the first thing you see when you walk in the door and, despite the fact that I have tried to arrange many happy little seating places throughout our house, this is where people like to be. Which makes sense because it's a central location and it's much easier to chat softly with me in there while I finish up the food or drinks or whatever else I'm taking care of when people arrive than it is to shout across the place and try to have a conversation. I totally get it. But if you're like me and the rest of my family (who count as 99% of the people found gathering in my house at any time), you can barely scratch your chin on the top of this bar. It's tall and we are most definitely not. I've got a tailored pants and jeans and dresses bill to remind me that I'm a tad under what you might call "normal" height, don't need my little kitchen bar reminding me of that, too, thank ya very much. But finding a reasonably priced bar stool is proving to be trickier than I'd planned. Especially since this is a rental and who knows if we're going to need said stools in another home. If I were going to be getting stools (which is up in the air), these three sure do fit my style bill.

1. yellow bar stool 2. wire bar stool 3. vintage bar stool (holy expensive, but it's so my style I just had to put it up there) 4. restoration hardware bar stool 5. malibu dinner stool

No comments:

Post a Comment