Monday, October 18, 2010

weekend no. 101610

weekend101610
Apple "picking" this weekend was a blast. I'm quoting that word because, well, I guess we missed the memo, but the actual apples that were available for picking were quite high and completely unreachable. I think the rest of the town must have gotten there first and we were left sipping hot apple cider and eating apple cider donuts instead. Not a bad trade off if you ask me. Not a bad trade off at all. It was one of the most beautiful days ever and I felt so happy to live in a place where I get to see views like that by just barely driving ten minutes outside of town. We purchased some apples that the professionals picked and I intend to attempt Amanda's "easy" pie recipe (quotes that because, well, the word "easy" doesn't really apply to me when we're talking baking...) with the granny smith purchases on Wednesday. We'll see how that goes. Happy Monday, friends. Hope it's a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment